Today I came to know about some very interesting things about St. Patrick‘s Day from the new team I am working with. It is an Irish festival that is celebrated to mark a thanking day for St. Patrick a.k.a St. Paddy for making Ireland snakes free. It started as a religious holiday and finally become an Irish representation across many countries. The team here celebrated it by wearing green shirts and tops. They also told me that this is marked by drinking green colored alcohol, green colored eggs (using spinach) etc.
The most interesting fact I came to know is that the Chicago River is dyed Green on this day.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Chicago River Dyed Green for St. Patrick’s Day (shoppingblog.com)
- Chicago goes green… for St. Patrick’s Day (trueslant.com)
- The Most Ridiculous Things Dyed Green For St. Patrick’s Day (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- www.history.com/topics/st-patricks-day (sfgate.com)
- Get To Know The Real St. Patrick (directoryofkansascity.com)
- St patricks day (slideshare.net)
- Irishman toasts stateside St. Patrick’s Day fest (cnn.com)